Thursday, September 23, 2010

All Right, Mr. DeMille, I'm Ready For My Close-Up!

Me at 14 weeks
Me at about 12 weeks
Alrighty, here begins the parade of pregnancy photos of me and my belly. I have to confess that the one on the left is a "reenactment" in that it's really me at 14 weeks sucking my gut in to try and give a bit of a "before" photo. Turns out the baby doesn't suck in so well. I plan on taking all the photos in this dress as its very stretchy and should accommodate my expanding girth, though it does get a bit sheer at the limits of its endurance.

Now that I'm generally feeling better (until the next weird symptom shows up I suppose, I understand there's a lot of them) and starting to manifest the reality of my condition, getting more excited about it is getting easier. I keep reading these pregnancy books where various women talk about their pregnancies and about how psycho they got. I got a little cranky last night and snapped at Brooke but while it was related to being pregnant in that I was trying to tell Brooke how I hurt my foot and he was laughing because I wasn't making much sense because of my frequent bouts of fuzzy brained Pregnancy brain, it wasn't crazy off the wall hormonal loony. I also felt bad for it right away and sent an email apologizing (he fell asleep right away).

OK, off to bed... while I'm tending to not feel so nauseous these days, I'm still taking Benadryl and I can feel the minute it kicks in. I hope to stop it soon as I'm tired enough as it is, though all the sleep is nice. Looking forward to experiencing one of the nicer side effects, the pregnancy dream induced "big-O!" Yes, it's true, not a myth, and proves that my god is a merciful, if somewhat sardonically humored god, noodly appendages and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment