Friday, October 8, 2010

I Blame Men! (This post probably falls into TMI territory)

I'm pretty sure Martha Stewart demo'd how to make these last week.
There is no way a woman would let this design fly. It had to be a man.

So, I woke up this morning with a rash. A PAINFUL rash. On my bajango. What the hell? I called my midwife, and first question she asks me is "Are you wearing panty liners, and are the Always brand?" Why yes, and yes. Every day. What could be the problem? I mean, I'm sure that nobody would be idiotic enough to create a product that would go on such a sensitive area that would be harmful to said area, would they?!!? Oh ye of little faith in the power of corporate greed!

It turns out that, yes, in fact they would! Apparently Always brand panty liners are treated with some chemical and covered in synthetic sandpaper (it feels like) that is known to do this. Seriously, WTF?!!? That is just EVIL. You don't hear of condoms or jock straps that, oops, yeah, turns out they make your weenie break out in hives and shrink an inch. Fat chance.

Anyway, now my wonderful, loving husband is going to stop by the store and get me some non-toxic/non-abrasive liners to replace them. I told him to go to Whole Foods/PCC and get the most hippie looking all- natural, 100% virgin cotton ones he can find. As long as they are disposable. I'm NOT washing the damn things.

1 comment:

  1. Just noticed you from urbancowgirl blog, which is why I am posting on an old article as I cruise your blog. And now I have a TMI bit of advice/information. Oh, you are going to love this!

    I only did cloth diapers. I was given a subscription to a diaper service, and kept it up (for over eight years!... long story, it involves a brilliant boy, MathMan, who almost went to kindergarten in diapers). When I did put BigBoy in plastic diapers he got a rash, so I tried to limit that.

    First a slight diversion:

    The lovely thing about breastfeeding is that your menstrual cycle stops. Except when it decides to surprise you.

    When Big Boy was nine months old we visited Paradise on Mt. Rainier. Right there as far away as one could get the curse returned. Fortunately I had a diaper bag full of soft cotton diapers, and one did the trick.

    I had cloth diapers I had bought for a trip to Arizona. And from then on until the blessed menopause I used cloth diapers. Much more comfy. I just put them in a bucket of cold soapy water in the laundry room and washed them with the white underwear of the Y-chromosome bearing majority of my family (my two boys and hubby). Not a problem.

    By the way, I heard the PCC had cotton panty liners about eighteen years ago, but when I went in to look for them I could not find them. Fortunately I had the supply of diapers I bought to visit my parents in Arizona. Now they are furniture refinishing rags.

    ReplyDelete